Location and Characteristics of Gotemba Trail
The Gotemba Trail starts at the Gotemba Trail New 5th Station and leads to the summit from the southeast side of Mt. Fuji in Shizuoka Prefecture (Gotemba City).
Characteristics of Gotemba Trail
- The altitude at the starting point is low and the slope is gentle.
(This trail is suitable for good walkers who can cope with large altitude difference and long distance up to the summit.)
- There are fewer mountain huts on this trail than on any other trail.
(There are few toilets and restrooms, and no emergency facilities.)
- You can enjoy climbing quietly because this trail has the smallest number of climbers among the four trails.
- You can see the sunrise and the silhouette of Mt. Fuji on clouds from anywhere.
Points on the Gotemba Trail at which Extra Care is Needed
- There are no huts or toilets for a long distance until you reach the 7th station. Take note that inexperienced climbers can become unable to walk on his/her own due to exhaustion on this trail.
- There is risk of losing your way due to frequent dense fog and fewer landmarks.